Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Living on the Edge...

This is how I live... anxious.

I am already stressing about the snow coming Thursday... and Friday and how cold it is going to be. I am already annoyed that my weekly run will be disrupted. I am already planning my shoveling schedule. I am already expecting to be inside with kids all weekend.

But I can't. I have to get out, exercise or go somewhere --- Museum? Mall? Pretty much anywhere will do.

I don't want to celebrate. I want to make an appearance at the party and come home. I don't want to drink. I don't want to feel wrecked tomorrow. I want to feel calm. I want to feel cared for and safe. I want to feel like it's all OK and things will be fine. I don't want to feel like life is just about waiting for the other shoe to drop. It should be so much more.

No comments: