Monday, January 06, 2014

FIT BIT is my new workout friend.

I wasn't sure if I would like wearing this thing on my arm 24/7, but I'm really getting used to it. I can even say I like it. I am one week into the New Year and my streak of 10,000 steps continues. I have found myself out walking through slush and ice in the dark in order to feel the vibration on my wrist and witness the "celebration" of meeting my goal on the display. It really is the little things.

I didn't get my long run in this week because of the snow, but I shoveled a lot and walked and did speed work on the treadmill Saturday morning (3 miles). I hate the treadmill, but losing my base is NOT an option.

My sister and I are going to do WHOLE30 starting when we get back from vacation January 27. Other than no dairy the diet seems like the one I've been on for the last year. I am worried about no dairy - I am addicted to yogurt and kefir these days.

I am overly anxious lately with vacation fast approaching and the kitchen renovation to follow. There are a lot of things I have to get done (buy flooring, appliances, lights, fixtures, tile... PACK!... process the permit, order a dumpster). I also have to get my girls packed and my dog settled.   I need to take a breath, make a list and tackle things one at a time. I find myself paralyzed when I see how much there is to do...

No comments: