Tuesday, January 28, 2014

The Return...

Vacation was GREAT! For the most part all the kids, siblings and grandma got along. Trips to Discovery Cove, Sea World and Universal were FUN and there were no issues back at home to distract. I walked my 10,000 steps every day and more... much more. I didn't eat horribly and the only things NOT on my program were pina colada's one day, popcorn, flavored yogurt and almonds throughout the week. I also ate a few too many chicken tenders (breaded) and onion rings...I was hungry, but I was also very conscious of choosing what I wanted and enjoying it. Overall I didn't overeat, and I don't think I gained any weight. While I didn't exercise other than walking, I think my fitness is still good and I'm anxious to get back into a routine; hopefully adding some regular weights. I am feeling a little "fluffy" .. February 1 will be the WHOLE30 experiment...

On the home front I started laundry Saturday night and continued into Sunday. Seven loads - washed, folded and ... at the bottom of the stairs for someone (probably me) to bring upstairs and put away... Suitcases are back in the attic, the fridge is stocked and homework was ... not done or not done in a quality way. I feel a bit annoyed with my smart one and frustrated with my ADHD/BP girl... Let's just say the I-pad will have a little vacation this week.

I bought food just for the week. The kitchen demo is supposed to start February 1, but I suspect it won't happen for a few weeks since I haven't heard from the contractor.. Good for me to pack up our life, get through a few more weeks of winter and diminish opportunities for weather delays. My hope is that demo will happen the week of school vacation so that the kids can go to Grandma's house and school won't be an issue. All of these things are swirling in my head because I need something to stress about! All I know is that the big things - cabinets, floors and counters are all paid for... We still need appliances, tile and fixtures, but that's a simple - we aren't looking for anything fancy - its all IN STOCK and local.

Goals for the week:

  • Eat clean - prepare for WHOLE30
  • Be patient with kids and their transition back to school
  • Get 10000 steps in every day, NO MATTER WHAT!
  • Get to the gym one day and/or RUN
  • Pack up one of 3 rooms and plan a temporary kitchen area.


That's enough.



No comments: