Thursday, March 06, 2014

6 more days til WHOLE 30 completed...

So, I guess the big thing is ... How do I feel?  

1. I feel a HUGE sense of accomplishment.  No whining, no "cheating", I just DID IT. That is really big for me. In the past I would vow to write a food journal, measure, track and always an epic fail. With WHOLE 30, I really embraced the tone of the book - It's just 30 days...

2.  I feel like it really wasn't that hard. Eating out took some thought, but I could usually find something on the menu or at least veto a restaurant before we went. I've had to shop more because I like my produce fresh and not have it sit in the fridge for a week. We have no stove, so I've had a lot of salads...

3.  I feel POWERFUL. I know how to say NO THANK YOU... and I mean it!

4. Physically I feel great. I am not sure what it is that kept me stuffy, but all of the sudden I can breathe! My nasal passages are totally clear and that hasn't been the case for a very long time. I've always thought it was my house - forced hot air and dust, but now I know that's not it; and I am curious and really hoping its not dairy - though I am willing to cut it out or save it for special occasions if it turns out to be the culprit.

5. I do love fruit. I do not need or crave sugar. I will continue to not eat any sugar.

6. Nuts are still a trigger food. Don't tell me I can have nuts. I will continue to drink almond milk but nuts are going back on the NO LIST.

7. Black and White is what works best with me. Either I can eat it or I can't - anything in between does not work with me.

8. Food is important but it's not the only thing. I NEED to go to the gym. I don't know what it is that is preventing me from going, but I need to just get over it already... Finally running with the sisters again this weekend. Its a good start and something to feed on and add to...


No comments: