Wednesday, March 05, 2014

WHOLE 30 - Day 23.....

Today is my day off, but it is not really off. I had to take my daughter to a doctor's appointment then back to school and then I tooled around until 2 - looking at lights and appliances and paint colors until I knew it was safe to come home. They guys typically work from 7-2 and then clean up and head out. It's good. They have made such great progress - I fully expect them to be done by the end of the month. Today they finished the outside - clapboard around the new windows and over the old door. The electrician installed the rest of the outlets and the overhead lights. The inspectors should be here tomorrow and Friday. Monday will be insulation and blue board. By the end of next week the floors and cabinets will be in and we can do the template for the granite. I suppose we should buy appliances this weekend...

I should have gone to the gym today. I'm not exactly sure why I didn't prepare for it, but I assume I was just preoccupied with meeting the new doctor, and getting my daughter to the appointment on time. She can be pretty uncooperative when she wants to be, but thankfully it all went smoothly. Lunch was a mango and NUTS... I've got to stop it with the nuts. I don't know when its enough and I end up with a stomach ache and a guilty mind. Sure WHOLE 30 compliant, but not exactly a meal. I use the remodel as an excuse, when the fact of the matter is that it was EASY - I had better choices but I didn't make them. Live and learn. I will do both.

Have I mentioned how much I LOVE being on maintenance?!!  Sure it's hard, but I keep thinking back to last spring when I was in the throws of losing and questioning and now I am finally where I want to be bodyweight wise; and simply working to sustain, maintain and achieve a better level of fitness... The regular kind of living stuff... So nice!

No comments: