Wednesday, April 23, 2014

UN-Vacation week - Hump Day Blues...

"What are we doing today anyway?"

In my mind I think: "I got up at 5, walked the dog, went to work by 6:15, left at 8:15 to take DD2 to camp, returned to work until 11... the laundry needs washing, the fridge is empty, and my bedroom hasn't been cleaned in weeks... Oh, and my name isn't Julie McCoy"

What comes out of my mouth: "Well, do you want to go to the gym with me and maybe we could go to the movies later? "

DD1 is lost without a schedule. Idle time is like a prison sentence only she doesn't want to fill that time with BORING things like the gym or the movies. I can not begin to recount the money I have spent trying to entertain my mood disordered daughter. The alternative, however,  is not worth facing. Luckily she decided to go to work. I don't know if they were expecting her or not. I am trying to stay out of her job altogether. I am just glad she's there and not scheming about what new pet would be best; or whether she should dye her hair purple or red... KA-CHING!

So here I am, laundry and vacuum and frankly I couldn't be happier. I really want my schedule back. It's nice to not have homework, but having kids to shuttle and entertain and pick up after -  in addition to work is mentally and physically EXHAUSTING.

One more day of entertaining and then DH is taking Friday off and bringing kids to 6 FLAGS without me. Let's call it the best birthday present EVER.


No comments: