Tuesday, August 05, 2014

It Can't be August Already?

The Pan Mass Challenge is over. Everything turned out just fine, even with the rain. It held off through water stop duties and then poured buckets when we got to Bourne. It stopped by morning enough to get our bags on the truck and get our bikes situated and then drizzled the rest of the day. The ride was pretty uneventful. Dead skunk, dropped glasses, cranberry bogs and more bogs, 3 wooden bears, a tin man, a black cat, lots of frogs, a herd of ostriches, horses, cows, cops,a big hill that wasn't as big as I remembered.  I can totally tell that my fitness/endurance is not what it was last year, but we all made it in the end. It was emotional for me as it always is when I reach the limits of what my body can do, but it's made all the more so because of the faces of cancer at the finish line - too many kids. We pulled into Wellesley ate a quick snack, loaded the truck and headed home. I was happy to be dropped off first. A long shower, lots of "Icy Hot" and a bad movie to doze through made for an excellent recovery.

For the rest of the week the Husband is "on vacation" and I am working. We've had a "talk" and I hope what was said will resonate and make a difference. It's all on him - no more trying, only doing. We'll pick up our youngest Saturday morning. I miss her. I miss her sister.

I can't believe it's already August. The Summer is flying by and school is just around the corner. I am already worried. For now I have the list of chores I was going to finish while the kids were away. So far I have half-assed my way through 2 of them...I need to lower my expectations or get it in gear.




No comments: