Saturday, October 11, 2014

As promised


I woke up this morning feeling empowered. I ate fairly clean yesterday – at least within my calories and I journaled all of my food. This morning I am on track. It’s the start of a long weekend and I’m hoping to get a little yard work done, keep up with the laundry and sneak in a little time for me along the way. DH is taking the day off to extend the weekend (I think) and my kids have a half day of school, so I’m already expecting a post lunch kitchen disaster when I get home from work. Mentally preparing myself - I can deal.

As promised, I took some “before” photos last night. These jeans were loose last year – I needed a belt. This year it’s not a pretty look –and trust me, I’m NOT pushing out my belly. This is really how it is when I’m not sucking it in…

Clearly I have my work cut out for me. Clean eating will have to be the norm if I am to put a dent in this mess…I know I shouldn't be so disparaging. I just get so mad at myself for letting go…I wonder how it happened. Was it last spring when my daughter was sick (not stable)? I suppose it doesn't really matter. The consequences of inaction, depression, and apathy are apparent. NO EXCUSES.
____________

Fast Forward - Saturday morning. I blew off my sister this morning in favor of some extra sleep. My teen went to the drive in and that meant someone had to stay up until one a.m. I am not a night person. It was tough and once she was home I was WIDE awake until 2. 

Managed to stay on track (almost) with FITBIT and my eating plan and this morning I am going out for either a long walk or run depending on my mood/motivation. This afternoon I'm going to get to the gym to strength train - with a plan to do it 3x week. I am going to get this muffin off one way or another!

No comments: