Wednesday, December 31, 2014

And then someone took my MOJO...

Let's say the kids are sucking my MOJO this week... I feel like I can't *do* anything until I get them back to school and on a schedule. I know that is completely wrong. I know that I am in the driver's seat. I know I can make it happen if I want to... and I want to...

BUT

NO BUT!

I don't know what it is about the New Year. It's just a day and yet it seems to stand out; an artificial starting gate for 2015's life-race. Everyone starts off hopeful and pumped, and then one by one people fall behind or fall out... A few will make it to the finish line as winners and some will just complete the course. I don't want to set resolutions, but I do want to be my best. That means doing something every day to make things happen and not pushing goals off into the future. If its in the future; you don't have to deal with it today. Mini goals - making a meal, getting to 10K steps or running each day - these are the things that will make me stronger in body and mind. Focusing on the NOW is what will bring lasting change. I know I am depressed. I feel somewhat better on the meds and I know that I am in a place to work out my issues and get back on my feet. I am optimistic for the first time in several months.

For today I will do something and will eat healthy. I will not drink. Tomorrow I will get the house back together. Baby steps; but steps none the less.

No comments: