Monday, December 29, 2014

Getting a Grip and Moving…

I ran / walked Saturday morning. It was cold, but bearable and I was so happy to be back to a schedule of sorts.  I was happy to chat it up with my sister as we coaxed each other along.

I want to run today. Can I make it happen? Can I? 

The kids are home on Christmas break and, of course, they want to *do* something.  I’m not feeling very creative…think… think… think… Perhaps we can all go spinning…

What I would really like to do is clean out the fridge and start fresh. I am so apathetic about cooking, but I need to force myself to prep things ahead so there’s nothing to do except turn on the oven at 5 p.m.  I must get the sugar out of my diet. For some reason ice-cream, chocolate and homemade cookies have made the list of acceptable over the last 6 months and they are not. For some reason microwave popcorn is back to being OK… I need to adopt a back to basics kind of diet, as in back to Julie for at least the month of January. If I can’t, then I will call for a hypnotic recharge and pay the money. I am NOT regaining this weight!!!

As for training for a spring race; rather than spend more money – we are going to create our own event in the form of a “half iron man” over 3 weeks… I’m going to put together a plan and lay it out for the girls. I need to be biking and running – I don’t want one event to suffer over the other. I want to run fast, swim like I used to and be prepared for the best PMC weekend…


SO going forward – I will *do* something every day until the kids go back to school – and then next week I’ll have a real plan and it will involve actual exercise along with healthy WHOLE30 food. I will post more before photos - which will probably look just like the ones I took in October... bleh!

1 comment:

Lyn said...

Thought I would check in on you and see how you've been doing. It sounds like a good plan! Before and after pics can be a bummer on a regain for sure. 2015 will be a great year though, I feel it :)