Thursday, January 29, 2015

Emerging from the Storm...

My kids had 2 days off and I sulked, sat on my butt and ate too much. It doesn't matter that it was all good food– except maybe for the “home made” cookie, or banana bread mini donuts my tween made… 

As soon as my mom left yesterday morning I finished the steel cut oats (another heaping cup), 2 cups of roasted butternut with butter, yogurt, clementines, cheese, salad and grilled chicken… I was SO FULL and kept on eating… a complete binge!  I know the stress of the storm, company, kids, DH and NO DAY OFF just got to me. I am a stress eater. 

But - I’m OK – it was just a slip. I’ll recover.  

To get back on track her are some things I aim to do today…
  • -          Go to the gym – just get there and do something/anything…
  • -          Don’t turn on the TV – once it’s on, it’s so hard to shut it off
  • -          DO read or find another way to occupy the night.
  • -          Take a quick walk with the dog around the block. It’s winter. It’s cold, but it’s short and fast and the dog likes it. Just deal with it.

We have horseback riding and DBT on the docket tonight for the kids, but I still have plenty of time to get these things in. I've saved for my recharge at the hypnotist. All I have to do is make the call and set the date. I can get this weight off. I can clear my head and tackle this maintenance challenge. I know how much better it is to be a healthy weight!!  


My annual girls weekend is in 6 weeks. I have things to look forward to… Nothing is out of my reach and I need to believe that to be true. I need to start focusing on what I want  - caretaker is just one of my roles, and it shouldn't be my whole existence. What else do I want to accomplish? Where do I want to be in 5 years?

No comments: