Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Getting a Plan

I'm saving for a trip to the hypnotist. I remember how it felt... not feeling like eating; not eating for fun. I remember thinking I should be eating because I was watching TV and then I just made tea or went bed. I went to bed early a lot, read. I had zero interest in preparing food so my kids and dinner suffered a little, but food did not hold the power it once had and I felt liberated. I lost weight... I remember feeling like that. And I figured it out - weight is - 100% mental. Weight loss isn't about genes - it's about attitude and mindset. It could be genetic that one persons brain chemicals are predisposed to think about food and eating all day, so instead of focusing on portions and labels and points we concentrated efforts on just shutting off the thoughts... poof! weight gone. I'm living proof it worked. I'm going to get a tune up. I want that feeling again.

Today will be day 2 of my spinning streak. I'm going to do my best to make it through the end of the school year (except for vacation). All I'll need to do is add one more running workout and I'll feel good about my winter exercise regimen.

No slacking!

No comments: