Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Antsy...

Did you ever wake up all out of sorts? This morning the missing dog leash set me off... The kids took her out last night and clearly didn't put the leash on the hook, by the kitchen door, where it belongs... I did the crazy search everywhere before succumbing to the spare in my car (which I hate b/c it's too short and without her training collar she chokes herself!). 

The pet mice my kids have fallen for STINK! No matter how clean they keep them, the odor is just nauseating. We bought a new type of odor control bedding, air fresheners... ugh. I'm getting to the point where I want to evict them - send them back - out of my house.

The cleaners came last week, but my house is a disaster already... The teen took a spa bath last night and her hand maid apparently had the night off... Dirty clothes, 15 towels (well, maybe that's an exaggeration...) bubble bath and "products" open and out everywhere... All of the things moms typically bitch about - open toothpaste, tampon applicators on the floor beside the trash can, the roll of toilet tissue on the counter with an empty roll still on the spinner...  Grumble.

She "cleaned up" her room by stuffing all her clean and dirty clothes in the the closet; which is only slightly more annoying than the tween who just put all her clean clothes (which had traveled from the dresser, to her body for 2 seconds, to the floor) to the hamper... I don't want to be my mother; screaming like a raving lunatic; but I get it now.

I am antsy. I have so many chores I want to get done, but I don't even know where to start? I hate my clothes. I hate my hair. I feel really gross. Everything in my yard is dirty and falling apart. The neighbor's boys  toss their lacrosse balls against the fence and have knocked out boards, the stone wall around the yard is all out of sorts. The house needs to be painted (though we have no money to do that). The front porch is half-fixed and needs attention. My car is filthy and smells like a horse barn. I could go on...

Oh bother.....


1 comment:

Wendy said...

I know this feeling! EVERYTHING is off! and oh, I do *not* miss having a teen in my house.

What's first on your list? Something that will either spark joy or just stop a major pain LOL?