Monday, March 30, 2015

Monday and ...

The weekend was pretty much a blur. What I remember is how sore I was- my butt and legs - from walking/running Friday and yesterday,  a total of 11 miles. The distance and the fact that I did most at the gym makes me think the treadmill isn't really working for me. I shouldn't feel this bad!!

Food this weekend was not stellar... I ate a lot of yogurt w/chia, nuts, homemade (lower sugar) jam... I made dinner last night - Salmon, butternut, broccoli. The bad - 2 reeses pieces eggs (after not eating any garbage candy for 2+ years!!) 2 protein/gluten free bars (samples I picked up which I should have saved for spin days) too much almond milk, too much grazing, cheese......

What I am most happy about is that I went to the gym and completed 3.25 miles yesterday. I was supposed to go out to my sisters' and run with them, but didn't feel up to the drive. I seriously wanted to just blow off the whole day, but didn't. It really is empowering for me to overcome those urges; I feel in control, strong. I need to do more of that...

Pretty soon I'll be able to get the bike out!

Sunday we are hosting Easter Brunch. I'm not great at entertaining, but at least I'm in control of the menu. Bagels, lox, ham, bacon crustless quiche, fruit, salads, juices and Bloody Marys... nothing too crazy and lots for me to enjoy without blowing it. We are supposed to hit 60 degrees this week, but I don't think it will be enough to melt the iceberg on my front lawn. I seriously think it will be there til June... Oh, and right now it's snowing again...

1 comment:

Wendy said...

You *ARE* strong!

And surely some of that excess food was just a natural response by your body to such a big exercise event.