Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Teens + Mood Disorders = Sigh...

It's been a rough weekend / week and it's only Tuesday.

My teen is her worst enemy. She is so pretty and talented and smart and creates some of the most self destructive drama; in the realm of  "You can't make this shit up!" Just imagine because I really can't share, except to say that it makes me anxious, depressed, stressed and not knowing how to help. I know in my heart I can't make her better and maybe that's what's so upsetting... I am just a mere spectator. Still, I am honestly hopeful. I know my teen is fully capable; life is fluid; she is growing. I know she has 10 more years of a developing brain... I know it's not going to be an easy ride. I pray for some medical breakthroughs and I pray that the DBT will eventually work for her...

However, I have 2 children, a husband, a most loving dog, and my own life. (It is sick how much I love my dog!)

With a few slips and a minor case of the F-its yesterday; I am doing my best to stay on plan I have a good 3 days under my belt. The break in the weather makes life a little brighter. I know I'll be OK.


No comments: