Monday, June 22, 2015

Jealous kick in the ass!

I'm not going to lie, I was a little jealous watching my sister cross the finish of her half Ironman this weekend. Jealous of that feeling of accomplishment; of DONE. I felt a little slug-like reading my book in a chair in between cheering as the participants finished each leg. I also recognized that I have ZERO desire at this point to do another endurance event (other than the Pan Mass that I'm riding in August... and no where near ready for yet...). What I know is that the training is a HUGE time suck and I would rather focus on a strong fit body than covering 70.3 miles...

There's a Body Pump class at 5:45 tomorrow morning and another on Thursday. It means getting up 15 minutes earlier... 4:45 a.m., but I know I can do it. I was thinking this morning how much I DREAD and I do mean DREAD going to the class. I know it will hurt and it will be hard and it's like I have to mentally psych myself up each time... but I also know that I LOVE how I feel after class. I keep telling myself over and over "Remember this feeling; let this feeling take you to the next class, not the dread".

I have not lost any weight that I can see. I tried on my favorite summer shorts and they are SKIN TIGHT. I'm not going to alter my diet too much, but I've got to make some changes to spark a loss. Consistent attendance at Body Pump is change number 1. Two classes per week plus spin and a long weekend ride to prep for Pan Mass. If anything, I should become more toned and that's OK. I figure I have to drop 20 lbs. It's doable, so doable. This is the first official week of summer and I want to see big changes before the last....

No comments: