Friday, June 12, 2015

This is going to take some work...

Day 2: 

Calories
1335
Fat
64.9 g
Fiber
19 g
Carbs
95.9 g
Sodium
3189.9 mg
Protein
112.7 g


Daily Calorie Composition: 27% from carbs, 41% from fat and 32% from protein.


First of all I lost / misplaced / can't find my FITBIT!  It makes me a little crazy; I know it's somewhere in the house; my wrist is naked!

I am SORE from BodyPump Wednesday. Other than the nagging knee issue, the soreness is the kind when you know you've had a good workout. Excellent. I want it to be the first of many so I need to decide on a non-negotiable schedule. Tues/Thursday at 5:45 a.m. would mean 5 a.m. walk the dog, then class, then work.... I can do it, though an earlier wake up makes me grumble.

Tomorrow is a busy day. I have a date with my nephews in the morning, lunch and then a memorial in the afternoon. My DH and the kids are going to a baseball game. Sunday I ride with my sister - her last before the 1/2 Ironman next weekend and I hope I don't hold her back. I haven't been on my bike yet - though maybe this afternoon? In any case, I should be completely wrecked by Sunday afternoon. 

As you can tell from the stats above, I am going to have to work a little harder at this low carb diet. I honestly think I'm making good choices and then shocked to learn that the carbs were much higher... Calorie-dense fats although a smaller volume of food consumed equates to a much larger percentage of my daily intake. I guess the bottom line is this plan is not intuitive; or at least not initially. Once I figure out what I can eat to make the numbers it will be easier. However, I feel good that I am doing *something* to spur real weight loss... days=weeks=results!

Happy Friday!

 

1 comment:

Wendy said...

You're doing great. It's definitely not intuitive. Until you really accept - just avoid anything/everything with carbs. Even veggies have to be limited to 2 cups raw + 1 cup cooked/day or so. What all do you use to track food?