Thursday, August 27, 2015

JAM and Diet

My daughter and I have made jam for the last 7 years. It started as a 4-H project and even though we're skipping the 4-H fair this year, we decided on a whim to go pick berries: raspberries, black berries and blueberries. The teen actually came as well and the three of us had fun filling our buckets and our mouths which also included ice cream at the end... just because...

Then the hard part - making the jam. It isn't difficult - just time consuming. From years of experience I know we have prepare it in small batches or it doesn't set up and we have fruit soup... six cups at a time... meh... The teen had zero interest and I forced the tween to stay with me until the bitter end... 24 half pints and one pint jar done. It was after seven when we wiped down the sugary counters and stove and we still had dinner... I meant to cook chili and some other freezer worthy dishes during the day but the jam derailed it. We ended up having "chicken puck" sandwiches --- chicken cutlets (mine was without bread with added spinach, tomato and balsamic). For desert I had pumpkin oatmeal and a glass of almond milk - instead of the pie my kids insisted on buying at the farm.

I was exhausted and went to bed at nine after a very unsuccessful attempt at finishing my book. I slept awesome - humidity is finally gone - and woke up rested at 3:45 a.m. Rather than laying in bed I got up, emptied the dishwasher, folded laundry and changed the cat box. I walked with my neighbor at 4:45 and made it to Body Pump at 5:30. I'm pretty sure I'll crash early again, but I do feel pretty productive this morning.

I got a call from the hypnotist yesterday. She said that the program works the best the first time and if it's been 2 or more years you'll get something out of a repeat - BUT since I went in May for a refresher she's not sure if I'd be wasting my money... Regardless, the wait list is about 4-5 months... I see her point, but I want that "fix" - I want to know that the weight will come off. I added my name to the list, but I guess I'm going to have to go it alone for a while and focus on weight loss. I really know what to do. It's just nice when your unconscious mind is on board with you.

I have to get my head around just doing what I know works and stop trying to accommodate my cravings and that inner me that thinks I can't live without sweet things or cheese or snacks... I'm not sure how this is going to go, but perhaps it would help to track for a while - keep up the fitness schedule and definitely stop eating ice cream every other day!

No comments: