Friday, October 23, 2015

Just Keep Moving Forward...

There are times when I just want to get off this Life Merry Go Round... This is one of those weeks. Between the teen, the in-laws and my own attempt to get ahead of myself, I could really use a time out. I know it's not possible; just fun to imagine; and I know I have to keep moving forward. That is my choice.

It's the lesson I have been trying to get through to my lovely teen. You can be sad, you can feel bad, but life doesn't care, it keeps going. You can't use you mood as an excuse to neglect your responsibilities. You can't say "I'll do better, I'll get my grades up, Can I go to this concert?..." and in the next breath "I'M HAVING A BAD WEEK!" when it's time to go to school, or to Driver's Ed, or to play practice....

And I am just the mean, mean mom who doesn't validate her. I really hate that word.

I didn't go to the gym yesterday because both girls came home from school in their moods, with no friends and nothing to do. No one wanted to go to the gym with me, or for a walk...

I got my steps in. My dog loves me. My cat loves me. That's a blessing.

And it's FRIDAY. And I'm moving forward.

No comments: