Friday, October 16, 2015

So....

The hypnotist. A nurse by profession, so a caring person by nature and very passionate about helping people attain their potential. In addition to helping with food issues, he helps with fears (flying), IBS, public speaking, and sports performance. He prefers an individualized plan versus the stadium type operation that Julie Kibe uses. He's been in business for about 15 years.

I was more anxious than I thought I would be and as we finished the intake portion I began to wonder if I would be able to relax at all. I put on head phones, reclined the chair and closed my eyes. I focused intensely on his voice cues and felt my body fall away as if out of my control. There were points where I felt just on the edge of sleep, yet totally aware of my surroundings. There were times when I felt as though I left for a while, and when I came out I felt like it had been a long time. In fact, I was worried about being late home... When I got back in my car the entire process was just shy of an hour! He sent me an MP3 to listen to each day to reinforce the cues. He stressed that repetition was a key part of the process to re-educate the subconscious...

I already know it works. I am impatient.

I ate well yesterday. I got to Body Pump and managed 10K steps even though I forgot to put on my Fitbit for my morning walk.

I have a BUSY weekend. I'm dreading it just a little, but it will be OK. I'll make it through.

No comments: