Monday, November 09, 2015

Mental Health Day

The teen thought she needed a Mental Health Day. While I hate having her miss school, I wanted her reset, gain some perspective - focus and work on getting well. The play was a good distraction last week and and I knew this morning would be a let down. I am definitely feeling anxious about the next few months - WINTER... and failing grades.... and the general malaise that comes over the teen this time of year. Applications are out for a Counselor in Training Program she wants to do this summer and reading the reference forms makes me wonder if she'll be accepted. Perhaps this is what's really bugging me.

I am falling behind in listening to my hypnosis. I have to find a time to sit and FOCUS. Twenty minutes - that's it - why is it such an issue?

I still haven't processed a lot of what happened last week. There is much I need to read and absorb about how to parent my teen; I know I've selected the least disruptive option most of the time and I recognize now that it's not doing her any good. In fact it's probably going to create more of a mess later on. I feel badly about how I treat my little one - overly irritable about things she has little control over like when her lessons run late... I think it's important to reflect, I think it's more important to move forward with knowledge and determination to do better.

On a positive note, I crossed a lot off the "TO DO" list this past weekend. The yard is raked, leaves will be picked up in the next few days. Gutter cleaning today, wood will be delivered Friday, and the chimney sweep comes in January. The car gets fixed next week, the new couch *should* be delivered, and the junk pile to include the old couch will finally leave the driveway. By Friday night, I hope to be in a happy place mentally.

I have a lot on my plate and there are a lot of moving parts. I'm a little overwhelmed. I have to figure out a way to get to the gym and get my strength training done. I have to make sure to take care of my body. I am worth the effort.






No comments: