Monday, November 16, 2015

Time to Re-Group

The DH is on a business trip for 4 days and then off to his parents for the weekend. I am SO grateful for time apart. It gives me an opportunity to regroup, take care of just me and the kids and not get stressed over his current messed up state of mind; and our current messed up marriage. We've got to get into some counseling. This will be my only resolution.

I have been really stressed, busy and overwhelmed this month, and I'm trying to be proactive about the impending winter SADD by getting in exercise as much as is possible and not getting a case of the F-its. Self care in trying times is SO IMPORTANT!  That's why Body Pump is definitely on the agenda this week without fail.

And I'm practicing validation skills with the teen and working on setting boundaries - like no longer paying for random purchases... "I NEED to dye my hair, get some new make up... "  Yesterday she was trying to get me amped up by telling me that she just didn't really want work; and if she couldn't find just the perfect opportunity - she would quit... YUP... I'm guessing a rotten work record would be her consequence; and as much as it will bug the crap out of me; I have to let her own it. The girl is 16. This is my NEW approach to a life full of challenges with this girl... Keeping her in DBT therapy; and letting her face consequences for poor decisions.

Don't be fooled that I have it all together because the truth is I am so frustrated; and sad and guilty because there is literally nothing I could say or do to get my teen to just BE a student... just GO to school.... just GET a job... Just CARE about anything...

Fake it til you make it... That's my plan and I'm sticking to it!




No comments: