Tuesday, November 24, 2015

What I am Thankful For...

I am thankful for my life - waking every morning to new possibilities, challenges and opportunities to learn and be better than I was the day before.

I am thankful for my body - fat or thin, it is the vessel that carries me through this life. I am strong and relatively healthy. I can lift weights and take long walks. I am smart; a good writer; a hard worker. I can do amazing things.

I am thankful for my children. I LOVE THEM SO MUCH. I cherish each day with them and hold dear to the memories that bring me such joy... their baby smell, watching them nap, hearing their giggles and first words and helping them read or ride a bike. Even now that they are teens I still love to hug them, even though they make me crazy.

I am thankful for my husband. We made beautiful babies. He is intelligent and hardworking affording me the opportunity to care for our children at home all these years. I am thankful for the opportunity to work our marriage.

I am thankful for my mom. She is there no matter what. She has set the bar high.

I am thankful for my sisters. They are indeed my best friends, playmates, therapists. I don't know how I could have become who I am without them in my life.

This morning I went to BODY PUMP! I was hoping for a 9 a.m. class, but their is no such animal so it was 5:30 or nothing. I ain't gonna lie... I HATE the cold mornings, and I NEVER REGRET GOING...

I also went to the gym last night with the girls. It was not a hard core workout, but I walked 1.5 miles and did some light strength training. I DIDN'T REGRET GOING.

I have to keep working on the food - returning to what worked; eat when hungry, nothing white, more veggies, no sugar or refined foods. I am going to do this now. I am not waiting. I want to CELEBRATE good health this Thanksgiving and what better way to do it than to treat myself with kindness, give it what it needs. This is the gift I can give to myself. So much can come from it.


No comments: