Monday, December 14, 2015

This is just a blip....

I know this weight gain is temporary and there's no way it's lasting 10 years like the "baby weight"...

I know how I feel when I don't eat wheat / gluten / sugar and other processed crap. I know more veggies and fish are key and I will eat better today.

I'm on board every morning - eating clean, feeling motivated... and when the afternoon rolls around a switch is flipped and this voice in my head tells me 4 pieces of fudge are fine - just skip dinner... and yogurt will cure a sweet tooth at 9 p.m. How do I get this voice out of my head? 

I need a good day - a string of them; and I need to see some progress. I spent the summer spinning my wheels. I need to get unstuck.

I know this is just a blip... a year-long blip. I turn 50 in 2016 and I want it to be special for me - not sad, not disappointing, but memorable and filled with confidence and inner peace. I want to be strong - mentally and physically. I'm not delusional. I know things just don't happen, we have to work to make them happen.

What's holding me back?

No comments: