Monday, December 21, 2015

Where did the weekend go?

My precious weekend... Gone.

The teen had 'issues' and it really just sucked the life out of me. And I won't let it wreck Christmas day with my family at my sister's house; which is typically a lovely, stress free event, and I aim to keep it that way.

Until then, I have 3 more days of school and 4 more days of work. MEH.

On the eating front, I'm pretty happy with MFP. I made it an entire week journaling AND staying within my calories. Saturday night out was tough, but being mindful of what I'd have to account certainly made a difference. Instead of a burger (minus bun) with sweet potato fries, I ordered the tuna sashimi appetizer for my meal, had 3 raw oysters (yum), and shared appetizers with DH and the young one - fried brussel sprouts (really tastey!), calamari (cold), and a few onion rings from DH's plate. Vodka soda was my drink and we split carrot cake 3 ways. I didn't feel at all deprived. In fact, I felt empowered.

Later that night, I had to pick up the teen and friend at a concert. They said 10:30, but it ended up going until well after 11. After dropping the friend home in a neighboring town it was after midnight before I crawled into bed, but the DH was snoring so loud and I had drank too much coffee so I ended up on the couch for the second night in a row, wide awake until 2:53 (thank you Fit Bit). This of course screwed up my Sunday - I missed Body Pump, had to go to the late (LONG) church service and even though the teen had a great night out, she was just flat out full of emotion - rude, mean, sad ALL day.

At least I got to watch my football game (when I wasn't napping...)


No comments: