Friday, April 08, 2016

Week 5 - Day 4... The Jeans from the Dryer

Macros yesterday (Thursday) 43F/29P/28C, Calories 1,863, Steps 10,650.  The calories were a little high, the carbs a little high and I know what I need to do to fix it.

I am really out of sorts after the teen's little "event" Tuesday afternoon. I didn't tell the DH - he's been dealing with sick parents all week - so when he brought up the idea of us going on a two week vacation without the kids I really shut him down fast. I don't feel like I can go anywhere for an extended time and have any fun or relaxation - Not to mention spending more money we don't have... The DH also bought a pass for himself to an event that happens to coincide with my 50th birthday/weekend away with my high school friends.... It definitely set me off / put me in a mood... I went for a walk with the dog - which is how I hit my steps for the day.

I have to figure out how to live with this teen. I have to address the "partner" issues with the DH. We need a therapist to help with that.

I vented to a co-worker/friend and feel a little better. Empathy is good sometimes. Acknowledging that this is hard and it sucks and I'm doing the best I can goes a long way. Shedding a few tears made me feel better too. It's not good to keep it all inside.

On a positive note - I pulled the jeans from the dryer and slid them right on. Don't get me wrong, they are still fitted - BUT they weren't too tight - no deep knee bends necessary, no sucking it in to get them buttoned.... Hmmmm.... I guess I'll keep doing what I'm doing - journal food, aim to hit my macros and keep moving!




No comments: