Monday, April 11, 2016

Week 5 in Review... Why Not Weekends?

Week 5 was good Monday through Friday... and then I went to a conference this weekend and it all went south. I am an emotional eater. It was an emotional weekend. I had a mini binge last night of 2 ice cream cones, 2 slices of cake... meh. I wrote it; I owned it; I'm moving on... Plan, Plan, Plan... I can do better. It's a new week and a new opportunity. I have two weeks til my birthday. No miracles planned, but I would at least be pleased if I knew I was on track...

The weekend was really intense. It was NEA BPD's (National Education Alliance Borderline Personality Disorder) Family Connections Class. It was a lot of re-enforcement of skills I know I *should* be practicing with my teen. It was really awesome to connect with other family members who "get it" and finally meet in person, people I've only known through email. It was at Yale, a few hours from my house and I spent the night on my own with a plan for reflection, relaxation and fitness. Unfortunately the hotel was a little sketchy and the fitness room so isolated I wasn't comfortable working out and I didn't. Driving 2 hours, sitting all day meant crashing - asleep before 9 p.m. was all I could do, and it was more of the same yesterday - sitting in classes/groups and driving - arriving home early evening.

The kids and DH were at a concert and I ate the cake I found in the fridge... I re-did the laundry my DH thought he would try (ugh) and went to bed...

And now it's the start of WEEK 6!
My goal for this week is 7 solid days of thoughtful, on track eating... I have no events on the horizon and the kids have a pretty regular schedule. I can do this.

In the back of my mind I'm thinking about the scale... should I step on it? Should I do it? What will help? Or do I just keep plugging away. It's not like I don't know what works.... It's just the doing... Right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just go with (or stick with) your instincts. You know what works best for you. Sounds like you've got a good plan for the week. Now, it's just down to executing. You can do it!