Sunday, April 17, 2016

Week 6 / Days 5 & 6 ------5-4-3-2-1 Do it!

Friday
F 47%, P 16%, C 37%, - Calories 1,763 - Steps  14,888

Saturday
F 51%, P 16%, C 32% - Calories 2,075 - Steps 18,935

I'm trying to stay in the moment, being mindful of my food - what I really want to eat and how hungry I am. There is no deprivation, and there's no eating for eatings sake. I want to make this my plan. I want to consciously set out to do and follow through. On my run yesterday my partner shared her experience that week using the "5-4-3-2-1 Do it..." Tool. It teaches you not to over-analyze tasks you need to do or have to do or even want to do .. And you just do it. Just count down and start. Chances are it will happen... Magic, no magic...

My teen worked til 10:30 last night and got up this morning for an 8 o'clock shift. She woke up and got ready without me. I knew she was tired and there was no complaint. Wow... I'm so proud of her. The little one is starting a babysitting gig... Two autistic boys... I don't know how it will be and I want her to know that if it's too much he is free to say so... The parents are also two women - fine... Two mom's, though one used to be male and is still transitioning. Heavy stuff ... I'm a pretty liberal person, but I have to admit that I don't understand... I'm curious... And I think it's a lot more for my daughter... I want my kids to be open and accepting of others, while at the same time I want them to consider what they are comfortable with... I'm not sure what's right...

Going to the gym with the little one before she sits, and then tackling the yard. I'm banking on a beautiful, productive day.

No comments: