Thursday, May 05, 2016

Week 9 and the Day Off...

Wednesday is my *TOP SECRET* day off from my job. The DH doesn't know, the kids, don't know.... It's a day to take a spin class, run errands or do a project at the house without any commitments to anyone else. I usually make it solo - I enjoy my time alone - and yesterday was nearly perfect... Everyone got out the door. I put dinner in the crock pot, went to the gym, did the laundry. It was raining... again... so I focused on the inside - the house was cleaned, the bills paid and I even got to watch a movie while eating my lunch. Delightful.

And thank goodness, because I found out that the teen is not going to pass math this year and is in danger of failing other classes as well. It was not unexpected news, but I hadn't heard from the school for a while and hoped that no news was good... Nope. Not sure what to do yet and it's stressing me out. Also adding to my angst is the teen's behavior; specifically her obsession with sneaking out / meeting  and doing who knows what. It meant for a restless sleep...

Must have coffee.....

On the food front - I'm back to no bread / grains and I'm formulating a plan for the weekend. I have hit my 10K steps each day in spite of the rain. Improvement is celebrated!!

I will think about a yoga class tonight. The teen is working (hooray!)

The Biggest Loser study was a little disappointing; but I'm not going to let it discourage me from trying. I want the weight off. I want to feel better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK. Having Wednesdays off and not telling your family... that is hilarious and 1000% AWESOME!! I can't get over this. I love it!

So sorry to hear about your teen's troubles at school. Wish I had some words of advice... all I can suggest is talking to someone who does?

Re: The Biggest Loser study, be sure to check out the Refuse to Regain blog post about it - the results are much more encouraging than the study made out:
http://www.refusetoregain.com/2016/05/news-flash-people-who-lose-weight-gain-it-back.html

Lynne said...

Checking out the post now... and hiring the big guns for the teen...