Friday, June 17, 2016

What Something Looks Like...

My therapist convinced me to go to my doctor for meds to get me through this crisis. I know that the depression is in full swing and I need to do something about it. I don't feel like doing anything... It's only about bare minimums at work and home. Unfortunately I can't get an appointment until the 28th! Depressing...

I need to stop the weight gain. I have no idea what the number is, but I am F-A-T. I feel completely gross and out of control. I feel like I need to be accountable. I joined WW Wednesday with the idea that I'll be able to continue to eat according to my plan and I'll log food on the WW site - but not obsess or care much about "points" just limits... WW offers the "SIMPLY FILLING" option, but I can't say that I agree so much with their methods...  bananas are free, but cottage cheese is 4 points? What I want to do is eat well and stay low carb/no sugar or processed food, not over eat, be mindful of hunger and truly be accountable for what goes in my mouth. They had a 3 month deal so for $77.00 it was worth a shot. I'm doing something.

As for exercise, still not even motivated to get the bike out of the shed or get to a weekly spin class. I am forcing myself to hit 10K steps each day and getting out to run with the girls each week. For now that's what I can do. It's something.

I am really pretty overwhelmed with my life right now - like very little is within my control to change. I can not make the school be reasonable, I can not make my kid well. I know that my reactions to stress are things I can change and it's hard, and if I can do something about it, I will.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're plugging along pretty well for all the stress and possibly being depressed. Give yourself a pat on the back! Oh, and a hug (or three). You're doing great. Hope the WW helps. I have to completely agree with you about their advice, though - UGH! Hope none of it starts to rub off, LOL.

Keep paddling! Hope you at least get to have a good weekend.

Lynne said...

Thanks for the support! I'm just plugging away...