Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Anxious to Weigh in After a Monday Eating Cookies...

The little one and her friend made cookies for the neighbor's family and we went over to deliver them with a bottle of wine and a bone for the dog - who promptly dug a hole and buried it. We've been trying to be respectful of their privacy, but we felt it was time to pay our respects. It was a little awkward and sad. I don't think our kids have hugged in years - at least since they were in the single digits, but they did; and it was nice to see them showing how much they care for each other......

We didn't stay too long. When we went home there was a kitchen full of cookies that didn't fit into the tin... The temptation was too much... One cookie led to two and before I knew it I had four Toll House cookies with a big glass of milk. Yes, they were delicious; I haven't had a cookie in months and a treat would be OK if it were planned; but this was not and it really bothered me last night. The rational mind was no where to be found - WTF! This was not what I wanted to do; and it wasn't my only slip of the day. It was one of those grazing days... I must have opened the fridge a dozen times in the hour after work. Definitely stress eating and I wrote it all down.

And now I have to be accountable. I weigh in tomorrow. Will all the steps I put in this weekend even out the food? I'm not to confident in that and I got a real gift last weekend after my trip to the in laws. I guess we'll see how it goes; and rest assured I will post a picture of the scale for all to see. I can do better. I have to stop eating through the stress. I have to figure out a better way to cope. You would think I could have figured this out by now...

Meh

On another note, my cat has decided that he is a dog and had gone on our morning walk for the last two days. I'm a little worried about the streets - he doesn't like to stick to the sidewalk with us - but thankfully it's 5 a.m. so there's not a lot of traffic.


No comments: