Thursday, December 08, 2016

Tweaking MFP

Last night  while entering a Luna bar into MFP at 8:00 p.m (grumble), I decided to lower my base level calories from 1200 to 1000. I know what you're thinking - that's not enough - and yes, I know. HOWEVER, when MFP calculates additional FITBIT calories and adds them to the base there are days I end up eating more than 2,000 calories, but still staying within the MFP limits... and not losing any weight. We all know that trackers and programs overestimate the burn so by lowering my base calories, I'll have to work a little harder and not let MFP trick me into eating extra food.

It's a game and I'm playing. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah, that feature of it "adding" extra calories and macros to your allowances when you enter exercise, that's kind of devilish. hopefully your tweak ends up working for you. if you prefer to try another one, I used to just manually set my exercise calories to 0 or 1 instead of the default number it gave me, so it didn't add anything.

good job figuring out a sore spot and attacking it. Happy Thursday.