Monday, February 13, 2017

Post Kripalu Sigh...

Image result for kripalu winter

A predicted blizzard cut short our Kripalu weekend; but it was still amazing and yummy... I'll be honest - my eating plan went out the window. I was FULL for most of the time and I never skipped a meal. The food is the best... delicious, fresh, organic, and somebody else was doing the cooking... 

The yoga was great. There were some amazing teachers and I worked really hard to stay present, mindful and really get into it. I am easily distracted; but did so much better than I have in the past. Am I finally starting to like it?  Perhaps, though - oh my aching knees.... I hope with continued work and practice the pain of "table" will go away...

I know the times of yoga at my gym - now I need some follow through...

I will grocery shop today. We have no food in our house. Healthy options for all; the teen is really anxious about her weight and a weekend with the DH (who is a consummate food pusher) did not give her any support to eat healthy. She wants to lose weight and I empathize with her so much. Our bodies are built to hold on to fat and we have to be so careful about what we eat.

sigh.

I am practicing a fast today - just coffee this morning - through dinner and will fast for the day tomorrow. I need to get my body back on track.

And, yes, I am afraid of the scale.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Knee pain during table --> put folded blankets under knees! I do this myself sometimes. Also you can buy a thicker mat (I did!) and it helps. 7mm thickness.

Glad you had a nice time at Kripalu!

Enz said...

Welcome home!