Wednesday, February 08, 2017

Weigh in Wednesday

I’ll add the scale photo later, but I’m up 1 pound to 189.4. It was not unexpected. Moving on.

I’m happy to report a successful Tuesday FAST DAY.  This morning I broke the fast with eggs, a little cheese and fresh cut salsa from Wegman’s.  I was STARVING last night when I went to bed, but this morning I was hardly hungry at all and gave the dog half my 3-egg scrambled. Interesting…

This weekend I'm fortunate to have all my meals cooked to perfection, organic, whole, paleo. There are no snacks. I’m off to Kripalu – a yoga retreat I would HIGHLY recommend in the Berkshire Mountains of Western Massachusetts. I am not a yoga enthusiast; I don’t have a regular practice, but I hold out hope that one day I’ll get it and embrace what I know is SO good for me. My sister loves all things yoga and 3 years ago we started making this an annual thing with the sisters/mom… Getting away is golden and I always try everything offered. What I love most is the vibe – it’s almost all cool women. The food is FANTASTIC! The yoga teachers are so spiritual, real and not at all pretentious. No judging! The spa tub is joyous – last year fog-filled, open windows, icicles hanging and hot rolling water; and we picked the night of the concert so there was no one there but us…  Good times.


AND the DH leaves for a business trip this morning! I can't tell you how much I need a break. I was looking forward to taking the day tomorrow, but with an impending snowstorm I fully expect school to be cancelled and kids home. Meh. We'll have to make the best of it! 

4 comments:

Enz said...

I so miss snow days with my kids!! So much fun to all stop in and watch VHS movies and drink hot chocolate and play Scrabble and Monopoly. Hope your snow day, if it happens, is stress free!

Anonymous said...

Your weekend get away sounds AMAZING! I hope you enjoy your break. Great job on the fasting, inspires me to want to try it for a day myself.

Amy G. said...

I've heard amazing things about Kripalu! Enjoy!

It sounds like you're in a good mindspace, which is always nice.

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time at Kripalu. I'm sure they'll help you breathe out this less-than-kind weigh-in, if you need to - though also, it's good to just let it go. As you say, "moving on" - that's great!

I'm a bit jealous of your trip to Kripalu. It's truly a yoga mecca, and I'm sorry I didn't make it up there when I lived near enough to drive. Hopefully one day... anyway, enjoy! And enjoy a quieter house between now and then.