Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Weigh in Wednesday!



This morning's weight was a little surprising. I'm .7 down from last weeks gain and .3 above where I was 2 weeks ago. After eating too much this weekend I was pretty shocked; I fully prepared myself for a gain. But now that I'm thinking about it, at Kripalu there was ZERO snacking. I did all of my eating at meals; and meals were done by 6 p.m. *Maybe* I ate the same number of calories, but at 3 meals, versus grazing throughout the day? I'll test it this week and add 'snack free' to my plan. I really want to see a 2 lb loss and I know it's possible if I stick with it. I'd like to end February on a high note.

I broke my fast with 3 tiny eggs - not quite quail eggs, but geez I don't remember the last time I purchase regular sized eggs vs large or extra large... I added shredded cheddar and fresh salsa. I drank my daughter's Silk protein chocolate soy milk that she left on the counter. I'm regretting it a little since I promised myself no sugar (ugh). Anyway, she's still vegan after 3 weeks and I'm impressed with her commitment. To keep her on a healthy track, I went to the Indian store yesterday and bought spices to make chana masala for dinner. I'm also going to spend my secret day off prepping all meals for the rest of the week. 

I'm feeling a little more motivated after my weekend away and the extra daylight with Spring just around the corner is certainly helping as well.  Gym later. I can't wait for the sidewalks to clear so I can run outside again.

2 comments:

Enz said...

That's an interesting observation. I find I do so much better when I stick to three meals a day. Once the snacking starts - sometimes I find that it triggers feeling hungry all the time. Whether that's an insulin response or an emotional response, I'm not quite sure - but I find it is so much easier to NOT snack. There is no danger of me starving to death and I don't need the extra calories or the insulin surge.

Congrats on the loss :)

Lynne said...

I think you are spot on! Both emotional and insulin and it seems whatever snack you choose is not enough to fill void... And yes, no chance of me starving to death either - this past weekend proof positive!