Monday, April 24, 2017

My Weekend and Month-Long Off Program Habit is OVER....

The weekend with THE GIRLFRIENDS was  awesome as expected AND I ate badly the whole time!!! The culprits alcohol and snack foods... lots of crackers and cheeses and popcorn and CHIPS - I ATE CHIPS!! And chocolates --- good chocolates and CAKE - it was my birthday... Meh... The weekend ended with ice cream for dinner a request of my kids and my mom. I feel totally crappy... AND...

I threw out my back! I think it started with Body Pump - I over did it with the ab work - a leg lift exercise strained my back... and then I drove 3 hours straight.... and then I sat a lot... I ran 3 miles Saturday morning but that was it for any activity. I was sore all over from Body Pump, but sitting for extended periods yielded painful aching from my lower back; shooting down my left leg... I could deal with the aching, but when I got home I moved a chair with my foot and that was it... I am an invalid....For anyone who hasn't experienced lower back distress... it's so incredibly painful, maddening... Heat, Aleve, massage, and TIME... that's all you can do, though I think time is the only thing that works and I am not a patient person.

I'm checking to see if I can get an acupuncture appointment today. It can't hurt.

Then DH is gone for the week!  The cleaners are coming Wednesday! I've purged the house of all the junk - soda, ice cream, chips, crackers, nuts - not of the good variety - strawberry margarita mix (yuck), Dove bars, hot dogs, and questionable condiments. The girls and I are all about CLEAN EATING and getting back on track.

I'm fasting today through dinner. I'm weighing Wednesday morning - facing the music!!

We've begun the push to the end of the school year - Summer is shaping up. I want to be ready!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend. I give in to chips, too, when they are in front of me. It's a weakness, and that "food" is DESIGNED to override our intentions, remember. That's why I can't really be near them :/

Sounds like you are right back on track, so, go for it.

Oh, and Happy Happy Birthday!

MyStalkerIsFat said...

It was my birthday weekend too. Happy birthday! So sorry to hear about your back. I had a bad back injury years ago, and I don't have a lot of patience either, but you really have to give it time to heal up. I know you already know that, just reinforcing it :)

Lynne said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes... and the back empathy...