Friday, May 19, 2017

Reigning it in...

I have 2 good days under my belt and intend to weigh every single morning - just like those people on the National Weight Loss Registry. Successful maintainers weigh daily. It's just a moment in time, just a number, and it matters.

Perhaps I was bloated Wednesday - who knows? This morning I was 191 - still up 4.8 lbs from my 187.2 a few weeks ago, but moving in the right direction. I'm taking it one day at a time.

I'm focusing on hunger cues, limiting types of food, but not quantities. I'm logging my food into MFP, but not obsessing about macros. It's only 2 solid days and I aim to make it three. The hardest part of the day is between 2 and 7 p.m. I'm done work, the kids are home from school and I find it hard not to graze for 4 solid hours. I know I need to get out of the house, keep the TV off and plan dinner in advance. I'm seriously trying to repeat what I did when I was in the groove - reading back in the blog and my journals. What's I've learned is that I've done these last two days and now I just need many more of them strung together.

I've already proven to myself that I am capable and I can do it again; I'm doing it now in this very moment.

Tomorrow is my 5 mile trial run in prep for next week's race... The friend that is running with me has done ZERO training - she's missed our Saturday runs a lot because of work. I'm deciding if I'll hang with her or if I'll run my race. I'm leaning towards the latter.


No comments: