Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Gearing for a More Productive Week

I almost didn't go to my meeting last night.  I drank a large iced coffee at noon and made the mistake of stepping on the scale at home which showed a gain?!  On week THREE?! I checked the meeting schedule.. Could I delay it til the morning? Yes, I would not eat or drink the rest of the day/night, run in the morning and then go weigh... STOP. This is the pattern I wanted to avoid  with WW this time. I don't want to try to make up for bad choices during the week with 24 hours of even worse habits - not eating, sitting in the sauna at the gym... yup done that. I won't deny that I was anxious going and getting on that scale.... and I was down .4 - NO GAIN!

I need to be satisfied with a pound a week. It's what my body does, but I KNOW in my heart that I can do better. I can lose more if I don't drink alcohol for a few weeks and if I say "no thank you" to cake and other poor choices. I need to mind the portions (I'm considering a scale) and I need to keep my focus on losing weight. I feel crappy at 191.2, and I know what it's like to be on the other side of this - the boost in energy, the confidence. It feels good and I want it back.

I'm shopping today and prepping some food for the rest of the week. This weekend will be about maintenance on the house and getting geared up for school. I'll be back on schedule with my running girls Saturday morning. Yoga Sunday? I really just want a few days that aren't jam packed with commitments and I don't wont to drive anywhere - back to back trips to NH are enough for me!

I'm going to stay within my points AND I'm going to shoot to have at least 1 weekly point left over; after being brutally honest in my tracking.  We'll see if it makes a difference.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck and sometimes self honesty is the hardest part of the journey.