Friday, September 22, 2017

My Week Was...

Anxiety filled and jam packed. The teen is stressed and that unfortunately makes me stressed. The weekend was really busy and we ate out a lot. My points were 20+ over the weekly limit and I gained .4 lbs, to 187.  I need to get a grip. I at least went to my WW meeting and stepped on the scale. If anything I want to make sure that I always go and not avoid it. I need to see the number and acknowledge the new week is a fresh opportunity to do better. Not going to meetings is a trap... Days lead to weeks... to months... I want to stay on top of this. I want to lose this weight. Account

I also have to step away from my teen and her life. She will be 18 in a few weeks. I can't save her from herself. I can't make her do what she won't do on her own. I just love her so much and it's harder than anyone can ever imagine to see her not take advantage of an opportunity or be disappointed because she didn't get something she wanted; though she didn't put forth any effort?!

I just want the best for her. *SIGH*

This weekend it's SAT BOOT CAMP for the teen "What? - It's ALL day!!!  That's too long!? I don't even get a weekend !!" I registered her for it in AUGUST and discussed all the details. I've reminded her every week that it was coming... She's the one that wants to do better on her SAT. She's the one that asked in May after the first go round went bad... Yes, maddening... Yes, step away...

I also have a horse show all day Saturday with the other teen. yeah me.

And the DH wants to know if I want to go out to dinner tonight...Um, no?

He's got his new job. It's challenging and I respect the fact that he has to put in extra effort to establish himself and get up to speed. But he's also doing his own thing - like last night went to a concert after work... he's also been to happy hour with the guys, and makes sure to get to the gym or rides his bike... the new one he bought to leave at his office since the bike trail is close by... It's great he's taking care of himself, but...

He forgets that while he's working I'm working and going to class, doing all the the laundry, shopping, cleaning, driving, doctors, vets, school issues... I even mowed the lawn last weekend when it was clear he wouldn't get to it. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed and unappreciated.

AND the teen is drumming up some ill will... and DRAMA with her sister. WHY?!  *Sigh*





No comments: