Wednesday, September 06, 2017

Weighing in...

Do you know those "Give a Moose a Muffin Projects"? The kind that start off simple- I'll paint the bathroom... and then morph into major renovation.... While we're doing this we might as well replace the sink with a vanity, the broken towel rack with one more functional... swap out accessories, find a new mirror and light fixture... $ $ $ $.....

I just stopped myself from starting something I KNOW I don't want to deal with right now. One that is not in the budget or for that matter, even on the list of "must do" home improvements. It was just a thought I had after my shower Saturday; the room hasn't been touched since 2001.

Instead of that can of worms, I spent my secret day off cleaning out the laundry area and the linen closet in my downstairs bath. 3 bags of trash and one of donations to Salvation Army. I found stocking stuffers from 2010; which tells you how often this happens... It made me laugh - supplies for the "Rainbow Loom" and other useless stuff. I'm always stashing stuff for the holidays from September on, and either forget where it is or that I even bought it in the first place! Meh.

I paid the bills, filled out the "First Week of School" forms, and made a colonoscopy appointment that I've put off for more than a year. I kept busy all day, not spending any money and not grazing. I had a breakfast shake this morning, a pear at lunch and waited for my 5 p.m. meeting.

My weight was exactly 188 - down .6 and I am happy. There were a lot of "special events." I ended the week in the hole with weekly points, but I was mindful of every sip, bite and logged it all! This week's meeting was about setting FALL GOALS. My goals are simple and achievable:

  1. Log food every day; every bite.
  2. Hit 10K every day.
  3. Prep at least 3 meals week and make sure there is always fresh fruit/veggies in house.
  4. LOSE 6 pounds this month.

I'm excited for the week ahead. Detox - no alcohol, the house is stocked with good food, the DH is following his special diet and not bringing junk into the house. The girls are all about eating healthy. My running ladies are back on track for Saturday and the weather looks perfect. I have no obstacles in my way. I look forward to a great week.

3 comments:

Enz said...

Great day for you and great weigh in considering all you had going on. Keep at it!

Anonymous said...

Good for you

Anonymous said...

Love the idea of fall goals! I think I will borrow. Congrats on the improved mindfulness this week and how that seems to be impacting you - well done.