Friday, October 27, 2017

YOGA...

Delightful class; beautiful facility, and I'm going again Sunday afternoon at 3:45 for Yoga and Reiki. It will be the perfect ending to a day filled with horses, a PMS-ing teen and a predicted cold rain, following a late night out with friends...

I paid 30$ for 30 days of unlimited yoga classes at this brand new spa; and I don't know if I'll be able to afford to go there when my month is over. Classes are $20 to drop in and memberships are $159/mo unlimited fitness and yoga. I keep trying to justify it, but the numbers just aren't squaring. I could try get a job there (a few friends have), budget 1 class per week, or win the lottery! I could just quit my old gym... We'll see how I feel when the month is over.

For now my friend and I are committed to getting as much as we can out of this deal.

My week off the scale has been fine. FOOD is on track - mostly. Eating / Grazing after 5 has been a little tough, though not bad enough to be considered a binge. I'm going to work harder to not eat at all after six, only drink tea OR eat choose veggies, meat or a piece of fruit.

I want to have a GOOD WEEKEND and not go off the rails. I'm going out to dinner Saturday night so that will be my big challenge. I want to make good choices.

3 comments:

Enz said...

I never understand why Yoga is so expensive!

Wendy said...

that 30 days for $30 deal sounds great! I've never bought a yoga monthly pass in my life - way too expensive, especially at $159! I've always just done a mix of yoga classes at my gym (included in membership cost there), and then bought class passes for studio yoga. They usually sell them in 5-packs or 10-packs. And yes it is a mystery why these classes should be so expensive, because I can tell you for sure the revenue is NOT going to pay the teachers! (Although at most studios I think the pay is more fair for teachers than my studio is.) Just for reference, the local standard in my area is $25/class for teacher pay. Yours may be slightly higher, and if the place gets really strong class attendance (like more than 10-12 ppl/class), it should be more, but still, there's your reference point. I think it mostly goes to rent - sad. Anyway enjoy your 30 days! Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and at my studio, and also at the gym where I'll be teaching 1 class/week, when you teach there (and maybe when you work there at all?) you get free classes, free gym membership, etc. For what that's worth.