Friday, November 17, 2017

Weight Watchers... The dreaded plate.....

It' s that time of year when the leader hands out the paper plate (this year it was a fancy colored print out of a table setting). WHAT WILL YOU CHOOSE TO EAT ON THANKSGIVING!?

I really hate this. It's one f-ing day people; it's one stupid meal. It's a celebration with food. PERIOD. Should this one day matter in the big scheme of things? I say NO... AND... If you're going into the day with the idea that you'll eat like any other... when you're hungry, eating good real food, not eating for eating sake... then FINE. If you are in full on BINGE; not so fine; but that's on you, and not on the day... Right?

There are certain things I enjoy on Thanksgiving that I eat at no other time of the year. Stuffing, homemade cranberry sauce, gravy, pie. I'll be having those things next Thursday and then I won't eat them again until next year.

I'll eat what I like, and I'll also have wine and other drinks. I don't care about WW points or macros on this day.

SO, back to WW. This week's meeting was a little cringe-y . Yes, I like to be accountable. I went from 191 to 189.4  (a 1.6 lb loss and 4.6 to go to get back to where I was). I intend to lose again this next week; and the week after that...

I'm having some (silent) issues right now with a loved one. I wrote a long ranting post that I'll keep in the draft file, but suffice to say, I need something that's all mine, and right now its WW. It's MY secret and I want so much to be successful - not to brag or gloat or anything. Just to feel better. It's not necessarily a number I'm looking for; but that feeling of being OK in my skin; when my clothes fit; when I look for clothes I like versus what fits or hides the muffin... AND it's all in my head.

The holiday season is not my favorite time of year. I'm trying to remain connected, going to yoga at least once a week and getting outside for some vitamin D. I'll make it and hopefully be better on the other side.

3 comments:

Enz said...

Three days a year that I do not track; Thanksgiving, my birthday and Christmas Day. These days are all about family and sharing food we only have on these days. I'm with you. Eat what you want, track it or not, binge or not - it's no one else's business and one day in a week will not undo the other 6. Its when that day turns into days of leftovers or a week long binge that it's an issue.

Happy Thanksgiving :)

Enz said...

I meant to add - congrats on your loss!

MyStalkerIsFat said...

I'm not a big fan of the holiday season either. It's been made into too much drama and commercialized too much for me. I agree with you about Thanksgiving. It's just one day. If you can make it one day and not let it turn into weeks of bingeing, then logging every bite is just a hassle.