Tuesday, December 12, 2017

And SO...

My little teen is being a TEEN... SO normal; and yet it really bums me out!  She's selfish, self-centered, rude, passive-aggressive, meh. It's so hard for me to process what's coming out of her mouth sometimes... She's smart and pretty and she used to show empathy, but now she has this sense of entitlement and she's full of promises, but no follow through...

I offered to pay for something she wanted, but in exchange she had to agree (which she did) to go to a church/service project for the first part of the summer. My oldest did it, and had a blast while learning about people who are not as fortunate to live in an area with good schools or jobs that pay enough money. This little teen needs a dose of humility and some physical labor away from technology and out of her comfort zone. The application is due by the 15th and when I asked her about it last night she flew into a rage, said I had no right to send her away, it's her summer and she would just go live with her friend..... Ummm... NO.

Like I said, it really bums me out, mostly because this is something I want her to want to do, versus me "paying" her to do it. I guess I'll just hope she comes back a changed girl, because like it or not - SHE'S GOING!





No comments: