Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Yoga... Breathe

Candlelight yoga.... ahhhh....

It's so hard, but so good... It makes me nauseous; I don't know why - but I'll keep going because the effects are long lasting. I get a good nights sleep and wake up refreshed... and a little sore; but it's a good sore.

The teen is following Whole30, and I'm going to do it along with her.

Butternut squash soup today!  I'm finishing the final for class - yeah - and finally getting the Christmas stuff out of the attic... if I can get the hatch open!

I'm going to go into the next two weeks with a little cheer. I'm not going to get caught up in the stress of the season. I have a friends party Saturday; and in spite of the all day horse show and field hockey playoffs on Sunday; I will go and have a great time.

Sunday afternoon it's restorative. I missed it the last two weeks... not again. Self care is not an option!!!

2 comments:

Enz said...

This time of year is so overwhelming. Thankfully January 2nd is not that far away!

Anonymous said...

YUUUUUUUMMMMMM for restorative! It's the best! Definitely keep that one in your schedule, especially this time of year.

If you're getting nauseous in yoga you may want to consider not letting your head go below your heart, like in a standing forward fold. Down dog might also be doing it - you can go to tabletop instead. As we always say - listen to your body! Nausea is a sign something is not working for you. Can you isolate when in the class you are feeling nausea, or during/after which poses?