Saturday, December 16, 2017

Saturday - Sigh.

My Saturday is not what I want it to be and I need to just suck it up and try to find some joy. The little teen has a horse show an hour+ away. It's an ALL DAY affair in the freezing cold and snow and I am already tired of winter.

I have to psych myself up for a holiday party tonight after a day when an electric blanket just might  trump a good friend.

The DH is slipping into his traditional holiday funk... off hand comments to me, the kids and his drinking has definitely increased along with his weight. I hope he will get back on track (along with me). He wants to have a party at our house. He's talked about inviting people we haven't seen or ever socialized with, and since we just picked up a tree still bare in the living room... our house is not ready for company.

He has a hard time with the girls having there own lives and being unavailable when he wants to do things. He dreams up activities that can't possibly happen due to money or logistics and gets angry if I tell him or even hint. sigh. I'm guessing we all have a touch of the holiday blues... and I wonder  if the trip home last week was harder than he's said.

Restorative yoga Sunday afternoon is what I'm looking forward to...

I'm happy that my shopping is done.

I'm also looking forward to putting the house together this week.
... to my cleanse Sunday/Monday, but not the colonoscopy Tuesday.




No comments: