Thursday, February 08, 2018

Febru'WEARY

I worked a half day and enjoyed a snow day with the rest of it.

Binged watched "A French Village" and made squash soup for dinner. For exercise I shoveled the driveway which had to be enough since they closed the gym. It was pouring rain when I went out to get ahead of the freeze. Imagine 3 inches of a heavy waterlogged white mess. I was careful to lift with my legs to not screw up my back.

This morning everything is covered in ice and I am Febru'WEARY.

Thankfully in seven days we're off  to San Francisco to escape New England winter for a respite. The average temperatures have been 65 -70; which is close to perfection in my mind.I want it to be a great trip for my family. I've been there a number of times - lived in CA for a few years in the 90s, but it will be a first trip for the girls and I'm excited to show them around.

We're doing all the usual touristy things (Muir Woods, Alcatraz, cable cars, Golden Gate.... ) and the highlight of their trip - a stroll by the "Full House" house so my little one can make a movie. She's been obsessed with the idea since we made the decision to go. We'll rent a car one day to head south to Monterrey, but that's it. No stress right?

DH is still a little off, but at least now I know why... a disagreement with a coworker that hurt his feelings and rather than dealing with it he's been stewing... Now that it's out in the open I hope he'll come to some sort of happy resolution and get excited for vacation.

3 comments:

*My Stalker Is Fat* said...

I'd love to visit Alcatraz! You will have to take some pictures and post them for us :) My husband does the same thing, stews and mopes and won't tell me what's wrong, and right before I strangle him with my bare hands, he finally tells me what has been bugging him for something like 2 weeks.

Anonymous said...

Vacation sounds great! February is a GREAT time to get a break from living in the NE, enjoy.

Such a bummer to hear a dust-up could cause emotional fallout for DAYS. Life is too short! As my husband told me once - we don't have enough days to waste any on ill feelings. I'm still learning this, but, and, it helps a lot.

Nikki said...

I'm not loving having to shovel so much this winter. But at least it is exercise!
Have a good time on vacation :)