Tuesday, February 06, 2018

Yes I really need to get it together....

I had a decent eating day and then...

I brought the teen to field hockey, went to get a coffee... and two cookies (because I was having a decent eating day?)

I went to class, came home at nine and... picked up the kitchen for the second time that day while DH watched TV. He went to bed and I waited up for the teen to come home from work...and ate four mini corn muffins (that really is the last of them) and a glass of milk and tortilla chips and salsa?

I'm starting to see my pattern of pent up anger and irritation manifesting itself in a binge of sorts...Those feelings of "I deserve to eat X b/c he's pissed me off" need to be felt and need to be dealt with in a different way or I'll be even bigger...

I don't know what's up with him, but I hope he gets it together before vacation.

I hope I can get it together before vacation.

2 comments:

*My Stalker Is Fat* said...

That would piss me off too. Has your husband said anything about why he hasn't been helping? I am awful at confronting someone if I'm still mad, so maybe wait until you are not as upset, then just be blunt and ask him what is going on.

Anonymous said...

What you describe definitely sounds like being triggered and emotional eating. Would it be helpful and is it available to you to talk to a mental health type person to help you unpack that?