Thursday, February 01, 2018

I Forced Myself to GO! and other musings.

Well, actually I asked my girls if I could squeeze in a class expecting them to say no, and they didn't... NO excuse. I moved from 'wait list' to 'scheduled' and SPOGA - 45 minute Spin, 45 minute Yoga... My first spin class at the new space was interesting... I love Les Mills RPM - which follows a dependable pattern... warm up, tempo, intervals, hills, recovery, mixed terrain, cool down. Seven songs and done. The class is designed around the music, and always on the beat. When the song is over that segment (hills, intervals) done. I like counting songs and knowing what's next...

The new studio does not have Les Mills... While I liked the instructor as a person, I was unimpressed with the class which was basically 45 minutes of music without transitions and intervals - up for 20 down for 20... hills, speed, meh. When we were sprinting the song had ended and we were never on beat... it was different from what I'm used to and I think I'll try another instructor. The yoga portion was with my FAVORITE teacher and just a perfect way to finish a workout. I used the locker room and showers and it was lovely - great shampoo and body sized towels!

And then I ate too much yesterday. The teen had a college interview at her number 1 school. I am sure that my eating was because of the internal stress I felt for her  - AND I have to find a different way to deal with times like this! It was a day of endless snacks - popcorn, almond butter, a Kodiak protein pancake, yogurt x2, fried pickles (that the girls needed to order at our post interview dinner) dipped in ranch and soft serve on the way home... It was a grazing binge that had nothing to do with hunger!

I'm not going to beat myself up. I'm going to be kind. I'm going to try to find a way to stop these destructive; intention breaking coping habits.

Some friends and I are going to meet to discuss Designing Your Life  I requested the book at the library and once I'm into it; I'll happily share my thoughts... I'm hopeful it will give me direction, and meeting to discuss with friends will give me some much needed accountability.


No comments: