Monday, February 05, 2018

Tired.

I'm tired.

The Super Bowl did not end the way I wanted, but I'm not as disappointed as I thought I might be. The neighbors came for happy hour and left when the game started. I cleaned up the entire mess - no exaggeration and sat to watch the game midway through the second period. DH and the teen stayed through the half time show and then it was me and the little one...

I don't know what was going on with DH, but he was a real jerk Sunday... off in his own world; doing his own thing while I prepped for the party that HE insisted we host....

I started reading Designing your Life Saturday.


  • Designers are problem solvers so they are always searching for and defining problems..... 
  • Start where you are.... 

Yes, it is a process to learn and explore. One thing I am going to work on this week is figuring out what problems are actually things I can solve - the author gives the example of gravity. You can't change it, and don't waste your time complaining about it.

Last night I ate to the point of being uncomfortable. Corn bread (now banned from the house), chips, dip, salsa... I don't know why I did it, I knew I felt full and yet... DH pissed me off by not being present or involved in the preparations or clean up and since I did all the work I DESERVED to eat what ever I wanted? Is that it? 

I started my day with a shake (Isogenix, banana, almond milk, ice). It definitely filled me up; and I am bloated from last night. The house is stocked with good for you foods so I really have no excuses for not eating on plan this week. 

And speaking of "plans", I really should get one together... 

No comments: