Monday, March 19, 2018

The Jeans without the Stretch... and Instant Pot Pho... and Kombuca

I have two pairs of Lands End jeans. One is size 14, one is size 12 and neither has that built in stretch. I haven't worn either pair in a while, and when I got dressed this morning it was a struggle to button and zip. I shouldn't have looked, but I did and they're the 14's! The muffin top is SO UNATTRACTIVE I had to layer with my most roomy cardigan... UGH... I haven't felt this GROSS in so long and it really made me upset....

And I had a decent weekend...

Confession... 6 cookies and a cup of white rice. I should not have eaten these things...

I went to yoga Friday night and ran/walked 5 miles Saturday morning in the cold. Sunday I admit that I did not get a whole lot of movement in... grocery shopped, cooked, did laundry...

I made chicken pho from Nom Nom Paleo . It was my first time using the DH's Instant Pot and I was trying to show him the site so that when he does cook; he can make things the whole family can eat...
The food was great, but it was a lot of work... You cook a chicken in the pot with all the pho spices... Then you pull out the chicken, cool it in a bowl of ice water, skim the fat off the broth and strain the solids into a sauce pan. When the chicken's cool, you pull off all the meat and set aside to build your pho - I put zoodles in the base with cilantro, jalapeno, green onion and some of the chicken and poured the boiling broth over the top. I have a left over bowl for lunch that I can't wait to eat!!!

 As far as making it again... it was a little much... I think I like the idea of a fast chicken soup - cook the chicken, strain the stock and add the veggies... done. I don't really LOVE cooking.

My goals for this week are to get to yoga at least 3 times, log my food in MFP and hit 10K steps - regardless of whether it snows or not. I also have to RUN 3 miles before Saturday.  DOABLE...

And I tried Kombuca for the first time this weekend and liked it... If it's half as good for you as the experts say; I have a new "go to" drink. Kombuca-tini anyone? 

2 comments:

*My Stalker Is Fat* said...

I hate cooking! If a recipe has more than a few steps or a handful of ingredients, it is too high maintenance for me :)

Anxiety Remedies said...

I hate cooking too ! I eat my vegetables straight from the blender (in smoothie form). It is much faster.

The majority of people know that boosting the metabolic rate is an effective way to burn more calories. Visit the blog BestMetabolismBoosters.com to get a valuable free eBook which will reveal the secrets of how to reach your weight loss goals in the healthiest possible way.

Dealing with being hungry during weight loss is really a skill which you must develop. Compared to how you usually feel, you will end up being more hungry while your body is burning off body fat. At one time when putting on weight, the chances are you ate quite a bit of food and had a consistent full feeling. It's not realistic to have this whenever successfully slimming down. In order to meet up with your targets, you will have to change how you deal with the hunger. One of the greater tactics is to use the water trick. Many individuals really feel hungry whenever they are in fact dehydrated. Drink a glass of water and wait approximately 15 minutes. In the event that you still feel hungry, go ahead and get a bit more water. After all this, you do need food. Have a meal or healthy snack !